Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our Very First Featured "Curlz Next Door"!

Meet Ebone!

 The following were standard questions I asked Ebone...
- Instagram and Twitter name (if you have one)
- Location (city and state, or just state is fine)
- How long you transitioned (or if you are currently)
- Why you decided to go natural
- Your favorite products and Go-to style
- 3 of the hardest things about natural hair and 3 of the easiest
- What you love most about natural hair
- One question you want answered most about natural hair

...And her responses:

- vanity_fro (instagram)
- Tampa, Fl
- I transitioned for a year for my first big chop. (I have BC'ed twice)
- I decided to go natural because I was natural my whole life except for two years. And in those two years I noticed that my hair wasn't nearly as healthy, long, or thick as it was when I was natural.
- My favorite products are Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Cantu Leave-in Conditioner, Aussie Moist Conditioner, Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo, and Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in. My go-to styles are dry braid-outs or cornrow-outs and puffs with a pompadour or twist in the front.
- 3 of the hardest things about natural hair are keeping people from touching my hair, the in-between stage (which I am currently in),  and having people say "Do something with your hair!" when it's actually in a braid-out or twist-out lol. 3 of the easiest are styling my hair because I can always do a quick wash-n-go or puff when all else fails, hearing at least one compliment everyday, and being able to wear my hair out in the humidity because I like the frizzy hair look.
- What I love most about natural hair is that it's so versatile. I can have straight hair one day, shoulder length curls another, or a shrunken twa the next.
- Why are so many naturals becoming judgmental on how other naturals care for or style their own hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment