Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 23, 2012

I Straightened My Hair!

Hey tHAIR my fellow and aspiring Naturals! So, I straightened my hair for the first time in 6 months and I am LOVING the results! After wearing my hair in a pony/puff from an old twist out for a week, it was time for something different. I started by shampooing my hair, then I applied Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration (I SWEAR BY this conditioner, about $3.84 at Walmart), I sealed the conditioner with GrapeSeed Oil (purchased from Whole Foods, 16oz for $9.99). Then, I baggied and proceeded to watch 2 episodes of Pretty Little Liars…After that I detangled and then rinsed the conditioner/oil with Cold water. I sectioned my hair in 3 parts, applied Giovanni Direct Leave In and Grapeseed Oil and combed both through each section. I then banded it and let it air dry for another episode of PLL (Gotta love Netflix). Before blowdrying, I applied a little MORE GrapeSeed Oil and did each section with the tension method. Once blowdried I proceeded the flat iron small sections on 392 degrees, adding GS Oil to each section again before passing the flat iron. GS Oil is VERY light and it really smoothed my hair cuticle. I didn’t not experience any sizzling or smoking from the oil. I loved it! My hair is silky, shiny, light and fluffy! I wrap my hair each night for maintenance. I am 3 days into this style and this is the longest my hair has stayed straight! I will update you all when I am ready to wash and detail a post on how much hair reverts. Feel free to ask me any questions and follow me on Twitter/Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment